Dudhsagar Falls is one of the most popular tourist destinations in Goa. The falls are located in the Bhagwan Mahavir National Park, and they are a sight to behold. The trek to Dudhsagar Falls is a challenging one, but it is also very rewarding.
Is Dudhsagar Trek Open Now?
The trek to Dudhsagar Falls is open from June to Sept. During the monsoon season, Start your trek early in the morning to avoid the crowds but there is the possibility of the risk of landslides and flooding.
If you are planning to trek to Dudhsagar Falls, there are a few things you should keep in mind. First, you will need to be in good physical condition. The trek is about 11 kilometers long, and it takes about 4-5 hours to complete. Second, you will need to be prepared for the weather. The weather in the Bhagwan Mahavir National Park can be unpredictable, so it is important to pack accordingly. Third, you will need to obtain a permit from the Goa Forest Department. You can obtain a permit online or at the forest office in Kulem.
If you are looking for a challenging and rewarding trek, the Dudhsagar Falls trek is a great option. The falls are truly amazing, and the trek is a great way to experience the beauty of the Bhagwan Mahavir National Park.
Here are some tips for planning your Dudhsagar Trek:
- Book your permit in advance, especially during the peak season.
- Start your trek early in the morning to avoid the crowds.
- Bring plenty of water and snacks.
- Wear comfortable shoes and clothing.
- Be prepared for the weather, which can change quickly.
- Be respectful of the environment and wildlife.
Here are some things to do near Dudhsagar Falls:
- Visit the Bhagwan Mahavir National Park.
- Go for a swim in the Dudhsagar River.
- Visit the Castle Rock viewpoint.
- Take a jeep safari through the forest.
- Visit the Dudhsagar Falls Market.
I hope this blog post helps you plan your Dudhsagar Trek!